Tankless water heaters in Arlington are a consideration for those wanting to improve their homes energy efficiency and who like the feature of an endless hot water supply. If the idea of energy efficient, endless hot water is appealing, read on for additional information to learn if tankless water heaters in Arlington are a match for your hot water needs. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing offers a broad range of plumbing services backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee.
It comes as no surprise when homeowner’s shop for greater energy efficiency in hot water heaters. The conventional water heater is the home’s second largest consumer of energy, and may account for as much as 30% to 50% of an energy bills cost. Today there are a greater number of alternatives to energy guzzling water heaters than ever before, and each has its own set of advantages and disadvantages.
Take for example a solar water heater; this option simply can’t bring the water temperature to a comfortable level without assistance. However, tankless water heaters in Arlington are the ideal solution for solar assistance. The tankless can quickly provide the solar heated water with the final temperature boost it requires for proper hot water temperature. Considering the tankless only requires energy when producing hot water, and the preheated status of solar produced warm water, the two are an ideal match. Together, they produce the piping hot water required at very little cost.
Advantages of Tankless Water Heaters
Whether assisting a solar unit, or as a stand-alone water heater, the tankless offers numerous advantages for hot water on demand and energy efficiency:
- With an automatic pilot, the tankless only consumes energy when the demand for hot water occurs, that’s when you open a hot water tap. On average, this feature will reduce energy costs by as much as 35% a year. Over the years, tankless units have improved in many respects, including their energy efficiency when operating. According to Energy Star, specific tankless water heaters now provide energy factors that are as high as 95.
- Everyone wants a reliable supply of hot water. If you routinely experience a wait after a family member consumes it all in one use, tankless water heaters in Arlington may provide the solution you require. When the unit is properly sized, it can effortlessly deliver a continuous supply of hot water. A properly sized unit is essential, underscoring the importance of a qualified, licensed plumber for the selection and installation. This assures you truly never run out of hot water.
- An additional advantage will save you money over time by reducing the number of water heaters required. You may replace three or more conventional water heaters in the life span of a single tankless unit. Any water heater requires maintenance to extend its life span, and to maintain energy efficiency and performance.
However, even when properly cared for, a conventional water heater in a hard water environment will typically only last approximately 7 to 10 years. With routine maintenance, tankless water heaters in Arlington can last an average of 20 years, and potentially longer with parts availability.
- The tankless water heater offers greater versatility in locating it. Its compact size opens up numerous possibilities, and is available in outdoor models. Consider what you may do with the extra floor space provided by a tankless unit.
- With the recommended maintenance, the tankless is less likely to develop issues due to hard water such as corrosion and sediment buildup. The tankless doesn’t store water, and the buildup it develops is due to contact with the minerals in hard water. Most sediment is flushed out with use, since it doesn’t store water. Periodic cleaning to remove mineral scale buildup is required, and prevents problems.
However, unlike steel tank conventional water heaters, the tankless has fewer components that may corrode. While many consider hard water effects a disadvantage for the tankless, the problems caused by hard water are a disadvantage for any water heater. In fact, the tankless is less vulnerable since it doesn’t store hot water. Maintenance also ensures the energy efficient operation you purchased the unit for, and the continuous supply of hot water.
Disadvantages of Tankless Water Heaters
The tankless unit has few disadvantages, they may be summed up in cost, cost of installation, and household size.
- Compared to an average conventional water heater, tankless units have a higher initial investment. However, once you compare the cost to the upper class of improved efficiency conventional water heaters, the cost is comparable, and in some cases, the tankless may be the more reasonable of the two. You also have to consider the money saved with a tankless unit. You will pay far more for the number of conventional water heaters you will need to replace than a tankless.
Furthermore, the tankless will continue saving on the cost of energy for the decades to come. Tankless water heaters in Arlington are an investment that continues to pay you back, month after, and year after year.
- The installation of a tankless unit is likely to be more than for a conventional water heater. A larger gas line or special ventilation may be required, for example. Hiring a Benjamin Franklin plumber in Arlington ensures the job is properly provided the first time, keeping costs down, while assuring a proper installation and peak performance.
- Tankless water heaters in Arlington may not be the optimal solution for large households with a high hot water consumption rate. A Benjamin Franklin plumber can assist you in the decision of the best water heater solution for your household needs.
The advantages associated with tankless water heaters in Arlington by far outweigh the disadvantages for a number of households.
Benjamin Franklin’s professional plumbers provide a wide range of residential and commercial plumbing services, including the maintenance, repair, and installation of tankless water heaters in Arlington. We serve Arlington, Fort Worth, and the surrounding areas, and are a member of the BBB with an A+ rating.