Photo By valiantsin suprunovich at Shutterstock
Do you want to extend the lifespan of your plumbing system? Then read this article for a wealth of helpful tips for your plumbing. For any issue, ensure that you get a professional plumbing service in Saginaw, TX.
- When you notice any smells coming from your kitchen sink, then it’s time to clean it. Albeit you have a garbage disposal to help you manage food waste, sometimes, there will still be food buildup in your drain, especially when you’re not very mindful about what you throw down there. If possible, install a sink strainer in your kitchen sink to catch food or other debris. And once a week, pour a liter of hot boiling water down your drain to get rid of the small buildup. Not regularly cleaning your drains can also lead to clogs, and you may need a plumber for that.
- Book professional drain cleaning regularly. With this service, a professional plumber would inspect the interior of your drains to ensure that they’re still in good condition. When booking a service, ensure that it’s with a licensed plumber in your area. The right plumber would have the right tools and equipment to carry out the job effectively.
- Do you have a dishwasher at home? To conserve water, never run it on half load. Also, always read the manual before using your dishwasher. Follow instructions when cleaning them. Periodically check it for wear and tear or leaks. During installation, only work with a licensed plumber to ensure that you won’t have any issues with your dishwasher in the future.
- Your garbage disposal isn’t meant to grind huge food particles. Break down food particles first before putting them in the garbage disposal. Also, never throw grease, bones, rice, or potato peels in your garbage disposal. Clean it at least once a week with water and vinegar solution to eliminate the unpleasant smells.
- If something gets stuck in the garbage disposal, don’t attempt to remove the clog on your own. Always get a plumbing service in your area to ensure safety. A plumber would be equipped with the right tools to help you get rid of whatever is clogging the garbage disposal.
- Never use chemical drain cleaners when unclogging your drains. They are not only harmful to your pipes, but they can also pose some health risks for your entire family. Also, heavily advertised cleaners are not permanent solutions to clogs. For minor clogs, you can try to remove them using a simple plumbing tool in your home but do it only when you know what you’re doing. Otherwise, get a plumber to help you effectively get rid of the clog.
- Be friendly to your pipes and never throw down grease or other debris in your kitchen sink. Your pipes will thank you for it. You also won’t experience many plumbing problems when you know how to take care of your plumbing. For any plumbing problems you encounter in your kitchen, though, make sure that you only work with a licensed plumber during the repair. Licensed plumbers can give you a guarantee and can get the job done right.
- Leaks in the garbage disposals and dishwashers can sometimes happen when you don’t call a professional during installation. We recommend that homeowners always contact a licensed plumber to help them with repairs or any plumbing installation. Don’t attempt to DIY installation either, especially when you don’t have any plumbing experience. You will only create more problems in the kitchen. You can avoid costly repairs down the road by hiring a professional plumbing service at all times.
- To test for leaks in the toilet, pour a few drops of food coloring in the toilet tank. Make sure that you don’t use the water while testing for leaks. Wait for about 30 minutes and check the toilet. When the water in the toilet changes color, that means that there is a leak in your toilet. Get a plumbing service right away so a plumber can help you fix the leak. Remember that leaks can waste hundreds of gallons of water and reflect on your water bills. To get rid of this, never ignore leaks, however minor they are. Call a plumbing service in Saginaw, TX immediately.
- Install sink strainers in your bathroom to catch soap scum and hair that may clog your pipes. You can easily find these strainers at your local shop. If you don’t know how to install them, you can always get a plumbing service so a licensed plumber can help you install them in the bathroom.
- Never flush anything but human waste in your toilet. Paper tissue, small toys, food, or sanitary products should never be flushed in the toilet. They will only eventually clog your plumbing. To avoid getting a plumbing service for a costly repair, educate all your family members on how to take care of your toilet.
- Do you want to conserve more water in the bathroom? Consider installing dual flush toilets and water-efficient showerheads. These plumbing fixtures use significantly less water than their counterparts. The best way to conserve water in the shower is to reduce your shower time or by turning off the shower when you are shampooing your hair. During the installation of these fixtures, ensure that you only work with a licensed plumber in your area. Get a plumbing service to help you with this.
- Your showerheads can become clogged with calcium deposits from your hard water, but you can clean them regularly. You need to unscrew the showerhead and then rinse it with clean water to remove the mineral deposits. You can always get a plumbing service for assistance.
- Bathroom clogs can be a real inconvenience to homeowners. To avoid this, avoid flushing things that do not belong in your toilets, install strainers in your tubs and showers, and run the drain at least once a week. Always get a plumbing service, so a professional for help.
- You can maintain the efficiency of your water heater when you flush the sediment buildup at least once a year or as necessary, especially when there is a high concentration of hard water in your plumbing. If your water heater is already more than 8 years old, it may be time to get a replacement.
- To save money and conserve water, consider getting a tankless water heater for your home. Because you will only be using water on demand, there is no energy used to heat the water constantly. Also, you won’t need a bigger space for a tankless water heater. You only have to mount them on your bathroom wall. During the installation of a new water heater, ensure that you get a professional plumbing service in your area to ensure proper installation.
- Do you know where the water shut-off valves are located in your home? You must know where they are — they will come in handy, especially when there are leaks in your plumbing. Before getting a plumbing service to help you resolve plumbing leaks, the first thing you need to do is turn off the main water supply. Water damage can be really costly, but you can avoid this by turning off the water main. Make sure everyone in the family knows where this is located.
- Even though most Texas homes don’t have basements there are a few and flooding in the basement can cost you a fortune, but you can do something about it by installing a sump pump in your home. A sump pump can be a real lifesaver, especially when there are storms. However, you need to make sure that your sump pump works when there is a storm coming. Test it first and, if possible, get extra batteries because there might be a power interruption. This would ensure that you still have your sump pump working during the storm.
- Get a plumbing service in Saginaw, TX, if there is flooding in your basement. Don’t go near the water, especially when there are electrical appliances in your basement. Turn off the electricity first and then call professionals for assistance.
- Consider installing lead detection devices for your basement or to be placed near your water heater. Leak detection devices can alert you when it detects water in your home. Some of them can also automatically shut off your main water supply to prevent further water damage.
Laundry and the Rest of Your Home
- Periodically check your washing machine hoses for wear and tear. If possible, switch rubber hoses with braided stainless steel ones as they are more durable and can last several years. For installation, always get professional plumbing service to ensure that you won’t experience problems down the road. Also, run the washing machine only on full loads to conserve water. If possible, replace your old washers with energy-efficient ones.
- To improve the functionality of your laundry, consider upgrading your sink to a practical one. Change old traps into plastic if you want to avoid corrosion. However, call a plumber first so they can inspect your laundry.
- Are there exposed pipes in your homes? Always insulate them, especially during the winter, to prevent frozen pipes and avoid a major leak. When the water drops below zero, the water inside your pipes can freeze. When it freezes, the pipes will expand and may burst. The only thing you can do to avoid this is when you properly insulate the pipes. If you don’t know how to do this, always get a plumbing service to help you with the installation.
- Some leaks are invisible to the homeowners. And you’ll know when there are leaks in your plumbing when your water bill suddenly skyrockets. Get a plumbing service in Saginaw, TX, so a licensed plumber can help you locate the leak. Don’t worry; they have special devices that can help them find the exact location of the leak. Other signs of leaks include water marks in your walls or basements or when you see puddles of water in your yard. Call a plumber immediately.
- You can also check your water meter when you suspect that there might be a leak in your plumbing. But first, you need to make sure that no one uses any of the faucets or showers. Check your water meter if it’s moving or not. When it does, you probably have a leak.
- Get a plumbing service in for a regular plumbing inspection. This type of service avoids major plumbing emergencies in your homes. Also, never neglect any “small” plumbing problems as they usually lead to costly plumbing repairs. Get a professional plumbing service in Saginaw, TX, right away so they can help you alleviate any problem you are having with your plumbing.
- At some point, you will have to encounter clogs or leaks in your plumbing. However, when you keep having frequent leaks or the problems seem never to get resolved, the issue could be the water mains. You need to call a licensed plumber right away for assistance.
- Are there trees near your plumbing? We would recommend that you call a professional for help. Tree roots can penetrate your pipes and may cause leaks. They can severely damage the plumbing in your home. You need to call for assistance immediately.
- Proper maintenance can extend the lifespan of your plumbing. As much as possible, maintain all your plumbing appliances and fixtures. Apart from cleaning them and regularly inspecting them, call a professional for help.
Contact a Plumber at Benjamin Franklin Plumbing of Fort Worth
Do you need plumbing service in Saginaw, TX? We can assist. Our plumbers are licensed and experienced. Rest assured, we can get the job done promptly. We can also give you a guarantee. All our plumbers can help you resolve any plumbing problems during the first appointment. Don’t hesitate to give us a call today!