Water Softener | Plumber Arlington
Hard water is common in approximately 85 percent of the United States, and is a common cause of issues due to hard water. Hard water is rich in minerals such as magnesium carbonate and calcium. Over time, the minerals leave scale deposits in water heaters and other water using appliances. In addition, the minerals can clog your plumbing in Arlington, cause dry, itchy skin, dull hair, spot dishes and make cleaning tasks and household chores more difficult. A Benjamin Franklin Plumbing plumber in Arlington can provide a solution for your home’s hard water with the installation of a water softener.
A common water softener purchased is the ion-exchange water softener. The ion-exchange softener replaces the hard water minerals typically with salt or potassium ion-exchanging resin. Salt is the lowest cost water softening regeneration solution, though there are concerns of additional sodium intake for individuals on low-sodium diets. For these persons, potassium ion-exchanging resin is a potential alternative, also depending on dietary restrictions. A water softener is connected to the home’s water supply treating all the water entering the home.
The Effects on the Water Heater
Without regular maintenance, the minerals in hard water will result in premature failure of the water heater. The sediment created by hard water accumulates on the bottom of the tank and acts as an insulator of heat, potentially cracking the glass liner. This can result in rust and corrosion of the tank, leading to leaks and water heater replacement. While a tankless water heater lacks a tank to be effected, hard water residue can cause problems if not routinely flushed. All water heaters should be cleaned routinely. Contact a Ben Franklin plumber in Arlington for water heater replacement, repair or maintenance. Our highly trained plumbers are experienced with all major brands.
A Benjamin Franklin plumber in Arlington can provide a water softener installation for your home with the following benefits:
- Ends the problem of spotty dishes.
- Increases the efficiency, while reducing the required amount of cleaning and personal care products such as detergent, shampoo, soap, and household cleaning products.
- Laundry will be softer, cleaner, brighter and last longer.
- Provides shiny, soft hair, and healthier skin with less dryness and itching.
- Water softener installation can potentially extend the lifespan of water using appliances, especially the water heater.
- Cleaning is easier with a water softener installation. The minerals left behind by hard water facilitate soap scum on shower doors and walls, bathtubs and mineral deposits on faucets, showerheads and in toilets.
A Ben Franklin plumber in Arlington can provide an effective solution for your home’s hard water with a water softener installation. Our licensed, professional plumbers can answer your questions, and provide the plumbing services you need with the expertise you can rely on. A Benjamin Franklin Plumbing plumber in Arlington offers expert plumbing repair, installation and maintenance. We serve Arlington, Fort Worth and the surrounding areas, and are a member of the BBB with an A+ rating. Your satisfaction is guaranteed.