Whole house water softeners can help homeowners who experience the effects of hard water. A water softener helps to maintain the efficient operation of the home’s appliances, while reducing wear and tear on them. Appliances such as water heaters, dishwashers, and plumbing can benefit greatly from a water softener. Contact Benjamin Franklin Plumbing plumbers in Arlington, Texas for water softener installation.
A Water Softener Defined
A whole house water softener treats all incoming water for the removal of the minerals that create hard water. For example, calcium can clog plumbing, and collects as sediment in the bottom of water heaters over time. This will eventually restrict the water flow in water supply pipes, and will decrease the efficiency of the water heater, and significantly reduce the appliances life span.
The Signs of Hard Water
The following are potential signs of hard water:
- White, yellow, or gray deposits on faucets and showerheads can indicate hard water.
- Hard water causes clogged faucet aerators and showerheads.
- Clogged pipes with hard water deposits can experience low water pressure.
- Hard water can cause reduced lathering of shampoo and soap. In addition, hard water can cause dry skin and itching, while hair may be dull and lifeless.
- Water spots on dishes and a white film in cooking pots after boiling provide a likely indication of hard water.
- Detergent residue in laundry may indicate hard water. In addition, hard water can increase the amount of detergent needed by 50%.
- Excessive scum inside the bathtub and a white chalky film on glass shower doors and spotting on shower wall tile can indicate hard water.
The water heater is especially vulnerable to hard water. Over time, the mineral content in hard water accumulates on the bottom of the tank as sediment. Sediment impairs the performance and efficiency of the appliance, causing extended recovery time, the increased cost of energy and eventually will result in premature failure of the appliance. Our plumbers in Arlington, Texas can provide water heater maintenance to protect your appliance, and maintain its optimal performance.
If your home’s plumbing system is experiencing problems related to hard water, a whole house water softener can greatly benefit your home. Water softener installation can stop the damage hard water causes, and can reduce the incidence of plumbing repair, replacement, and the need for additional cleaning products. Contact our plumbers in Arlington, Texas to schedule water softener installation.
Increases Home Value
In areas with hard water, a water softener provides a positive selling point among potential buyers. Furthermore, it’s considered a benefit to those who recognize they won’t have the issues caused by hard water.
Contact our plumbers in Arlington, Texas for additional information, and assistance in the selection of the appropriate water softener for your household needs. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing licensed plumbers provide expert plumbing repair, plumbing installation, and other plumbing service. We serve Arlington, Fort Worth, and the surrounding areas. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing is a member of the BBB with an A+ rating.