Do you need the services of a plumber? If you want to save money on your plumbing and ensure the problem is fixed permanently, make sure you only get professional plumbing service in Mansfield, TX. Licensed plumbers know what they’re doing because they have the credentials and are properly trained for it. In this article, we’ll talk about why you need to get professional plumbing service, the risks of DIY plumbing and how to avoid costly water damage.
Why Hire Licensed Plumbers
If you need help with routine plumbing inspections, professional drain cleaning service or leak detection, do make sure to only get professional plumbing service in Mansfield, TX. Why? A licensed plumber will never cut corners when it comes to repairs or installations. This is because they give out a 100% satisfaction guarantee to their clients, which means they will need to work hard to ensure you’re completely satisfied with the service and the problem is fixed permanently. Otherwise, they will have no choice but to correct the problem and you won’t be paying a dime for it.
Licensed professionals also have had enormous training and experience when it comes to plumbing. This means they have actually seen it all. They have the right training and experience to get the job done right. Also, they’re very knowledgeable when it comes to plumbing innovations or anything about plumbing. For example, if you need help in deciding what type of garbage disposal or sump pump to install for your home, a plumber won’t just help you properly install the unit, he can also help you make an informed decision on which brand to purchase for your home. The next time you need someone to repair a broken pipe or install a new appliance, get professional plumbing service in Mansfield, TX today. Our team will get the job done right.
Why DIY Plumbing is Not Recommended
Some homeowners would resort to watching YouTube videos in attempting to repair major damages. Do you know why we don’t recommend this? While we appreciate people who try to help others, the problem is that there might be other issues that need to be addressed only by a licensed plumber. This is one of the reasons why we suggest homeowners get professional plumbing service in Mansfield, TX. A licensed plumber is properly trained to tackle any plumbing issue, big or small. Below are the reasons why DIY plumbing is discouraged:
Incorrect Diagnosis of the Problem
When it’s a complex plumbing problem, a plumber would thoroughly inspect your system to ensure the correct diagnosis of the problem. For example, a major drain clogged. It would be impossible to know what’s really clogging the drains without a drain camera. You will not have access to this because this tool is expensive and you’re also not trained to properly use it. When you get professional plumbing service, a plumber can properly determine the root cause of the problem and he would be able to provide you with the proper solution as well.
DIY plumbing is okay so long as they’re just for minor repairs. But for major repairs or plumbing installations, we highly encourage all homeowners to get professional plumbing service to avoid a more costly repair down the road. Because there are cases where it might be impossible to correct the problem and you will have no choice but to get a replacement — this can cost you more money down the road.
Unless you know what’s really causing the problem, you will not be able to permanently resolve it. So you may end up hiring more plumbers in the near future and this can cost you more money. To ensure the problem is fixed permanently, we suggest you get professional plumbing service for major repairs or installations. Avoid it on your own as you might also end up injuring yourself especially if it’s a complex plumbing problem.
It’s always better to have a permanent fix because you have peace of mind. With professional plumbing service in Mansfield, TX, a licensed plumber can actually give you a guarantee that they can fix the issue permanently. The guarantee is usually good for two years and if they make a mistake, these plumbers are happy to correct the problem at no extra cost to you. Don’t worry though, we’re quite confident with our skills. We know our plumbing experts can get the job done right the first time.
Another risk with DIY plumbing is that you might end up completely damaging your appliance and this will cost you more money. If you need help with repairing the water heater or the dishwasher, don’t resort to YouTube videos right away, get professional plumbing service. Our plumbers will thoroughly inspect your plumbing system, give you a proper diagnosis and resolve the issue promptly.
You’re Not Fully Equipped
As mentioned earlier, you don’t have the right tools to properly diagnose the problem like in a clogged drain. A licensed plumber, on the other hand, is usually employed by a reliable plumbing company that has all the tools and equipment needed to properly carry out the task. You actually get to save money as you don’t have to purchase your own equipment. Plumbing tools are expensive and you don’t even know how to use them. If you need assistance with unclogging your drains or you think there might be a leak somewhere in your plumbing, we suggest you get professional plumbing service, the soonest possible time. Our plumbing team will quickly dispatch a plumber to your location ASAP to handle the problem promptly and permanently.
Avoid Hiring Unlicensed Plumbers
We don’t advise DIY plumbing and we don’t recommend hiring DIY enthusiasts either or unlicensed plumbers. They may not be familiar with the building codes and this can be a problem in the future. Always get professional plumbing service to avoid problems down the road. A plumber will know what to do in every situation and he also has safety gear to ensure the safety of your home and your family.
Get Basic Plumbing Tools
For minor plumbing repairs such as unclogging a minor drain clog, use a drain snake. Get basic plumbing tools like the plunger to unclog a toilet. But do make sure you know how to properly use them. If you have questions, get professional plumbing service in Mansfield, TX today. Our plumbers are happy to assist you with any plumbing-related concerns.
How to Prevent Costly Water Damage
Pipe leaks and other catastrophic plumbing problems can cost you a fortune in repairs and restorations. Fortunately, there are ways to avoid costly water damage. Below are some of our helpful tips:
- Never neglect your plumbing. If you think something may be wrong with the sump pump or the water heater, proactively do something about it. Because if there’s an issue with the sump pump and you failed to address this, you could end up with a flooded basement when there’s a storm and your sump pump doesn’t work. Most plumbing emergencies can be avoided but some homeowners just neglect their plumbing, and this usually leads to a costly repair. When you suspect a problem, get professional plumbing service immediately so that a licensed plumber can thoroughly inspect your plumbing and resolve your issue.
- Have a plumber’s contact info handy. When it comes to plumbing emergencies, it would help to have the contact information of the plumber that you can call during emergencies. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing of Fort Worth offers 24/7 emergency services so you can call us at any time. Whether it’s in the wee hours or during holidays, we’ll dispatch a plumber to your location.
- Install leak detection devices. If you want to avoid further damage to your plumbing, one of the things you can do is install leak detection devices as well as shut-off valves. Place these near your water heater, sump pump, garbage disposal or dishwasher. Choose those devices that can also automatically shut off the water to prevent further damage to your plumbing. A leak detection device that can detect fluctuations in temperatures can also help.
- Get professional plumbing service when it comes to repairs and installations. This tip bears repeating. You really do need to hire licensed plumbers only to ensure the job is properly carried out. A DIY enthusiast will not be able to give you a 100% guarantee. For questions about the services we offer, please get in touch with us anytime.
- Drain the water. You must drain the sediment buildup in the water heater tank as that can affect the efficiency of your unit. If you don’t drain the water heater, the sediment buildup can damage the tank, causing it to break. When this happens, you will have no choice but to get a new water heater tank. When getting a replacement, we suggest you consider switching to tankless water heaters especially if you want to conserve energy and save money. There’s no standby heat loss with the water heater as it only uses energy when you turn on the tap or the shower. Also, it lasts longer compared to the regular water heater. Most importantly, you don’t have to worry about a water heater tank leaking water in the basement as you can install the tankless water heater to your bathroom wall. The only downside is that it’s more expensive than the conventional water heater but you do get to save more money in the long run.
- Protect the pipes in freezing temperatures. Don’t forget to insulate the pipes and your outdoor plumbing when the temperature drops to zero so that the water inside them doesn’t freeze. Otherwise, you will have no water at home and you could end up with a flooded home as well. If you need further assistance with this, get a professional plumbing service.
- Install a sump pump if you have a basement. This is a submersible device that can prevent flooding in the basement. But before using this, make sure it does work. Pour a bucket of water into the pit, just enough to turn on the switch. The pump should be able to drain the water. When it doesn’t work, get a professional plumbing service to fix the problem. Consider getting backup batteries as well as the power will likely go out during the storm. You’ll have peace of mind if you have backup batteries.
- Get routine plumbing inspections. While this isn’t required, we highly recommend this, especially to homeowners who want to have peace of mind. During a routine inspection, a plumber would inspect all plumbing appliances and fixtures to ensure they actually work. A plumber will let you know if a problem needs to be addressed. Don’t worry, we’re fully equipped. So if something comes up, we’ll make sure to resolve it on the same day.
Contact Benjamin Franklin Plumbing of Fort Worth Today
Do you need professional plumbing service for your home or business in Mansfield, TX? We’re here to help! We are an established plumbing company that offers a wide range of residential and commercial plumbing services to all our clients. We can help with any plumbing repairs from unclogging drains to fixing a broken water heater to repairing a broken toilet. We also operate around the clock to cater to those that need emergency services. So rest assured, we’ll quickly dispatch a plumber to your location the soonest possible time.
Our plumbers never cut corners and we work hard to ensure all of our clients are completely satisfied with our services. We also have a blog that you can use as a reference should you need more information about plumbing. And if you need assistance in deciding what type of appliance to purchase for your home, we can assist as well. Call us at Benjamin Franklin Plumbing of Fort Worth for an appointment.